Happy Thanksgiving to all of my Chronically Beautiful people! I hope that despite the trials and tribulations we've been through this year, we can find something to be grateful for! I love this time of year because even if my body aches, my heart can manage to be full because I know that I'm incredibly blessed.
This Thanksgiving feels like a huge milestone for me. This time last year I had just come home from college, I had lost twenty pounds, I had a rash all over my face, and my hair was falling out! It was the beginning of a long hard road that I'm still on! I remember last Thanksgiving I couldn't eat meat, gluten, or dairy. This year I'm grateful for the many miles that I've come in this Lyme journey, and I'm grateful for the beautiful, organic, refined sugar-free meal that my family is going to sit down to. I've come so far, and I'm grateful for that.
Every year around this time I like to make list of things I'm grateful for. Last year I didn't make that list, and so now I'm going to make up for it.
Things I'm Grateful for this Year:
1. My Heavenly Father who loves me and blesses me and provides me with the strength and power I need to keep going.
2. My Savior who died and suffered for me so I'm not alone in my suffering and so I personally can repent and progress in life.
3. The Holy Ghost who is my constant companion so I can know God's will for me, and so I can feel peace during dark times.
4. The Prophet on the earth who guides and receives revelation for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
5. Joseph Smith and his strength. For without him, I would not have this beautiful gospel in my life.
6. The scriptures that hold so many precious truths that help guide my life and give me peace and wisdom as I read and study.
7. Prayer and the opportunity I have to talk to my Heavenly Father all the time.
11. The light of the gospel in my life.
12. My parents, best friends, and caretakers. (Bob and Leanne Dalton) I love and respect them so much!
13. My siblings.
14. My close friends.
15. People who have come into my life and left hand-prints on my heart.
16. My family. (Including members who have passed on. I will see them in the eternities).
17. Healing (in every aspect of the word).
18. Knowledge and Wisdom
19. Lyme Disease (I never thought I would say that but I've learned so much and my pain is worth it if I developed the knowledge and compassion along the way to help others who are suffering.)
20. Chronically Beautiful (my blog).
23. American Heritage School
25. Baking and cooking and the stress relief that they give me
26. Opportunities to serve others.
27. My heart
28. My mind
29. The body that God blessed me with. (Even though I hate it sometimes, I can't be on earth without it, so I'll take the cards I’m given).
30. My life.
31. Every breathe I take even if some breathes are heavy and exhausted.
32. Tender Mercies from God
33. My Spirit
34. I'm grateful for me. (There was a time that I would never say that. But now I know: I'm God's daughter. He created me so I should be grateful for that).
35. My home which is my sanctuary, my place of safety and love.
36. My goats (especially Miracle)
37. My dog. (She really brings me a lot of relief when things are hard)
38. The things that God has blessed my family with to heal from this horrible disease.
39. Little moments that I'll never forget.
40. The 10 commandments
41. God's principles and laws that help me choose right from wrong.
42. My agency.
44. Colors (I love colors!! Especially pink!)
50. Natural Beauty
53. My future eternal companion (whoever he may be)
54. My future children
55. Hard Work
56. Courage and strength that God gives me.
60. Laughter (especially when things are hard).
61. Crying (sometimes a good cry is just really refreshing).
62. The Temple
63. Humbling Experiences
65. Wise people
67. Our Country (The United States of America)
70. The Atonement
72. Everything virtuous, lovely, or good report, or praiseworthy.
73. Everything that God has blessed me with, and continues to bless me with, and will bless me with in the future.
Despite my trials, I truly believe that there is much to be grateful for. Here's to a Happy Thanksgiving! And a Happy Holidays! Wishing you all the best!